Concrete has always been the go-to material for most construction jobs. However, it was used more as a sub-base, soon to be topped off with tile, paint, carpets, and other flooring or paving materials. Nowadays, decorative concrete is changing that. No longer is concrete just a sub-base, it can be an aesthetic enhancement for patios, pool decks, concrete driveways, interior floors, and more. With just the addition of an overlay or coating, the difference is definitely impressive. Here are some reasons why more and more home and business owners are interested in decorative concrete:
- It is a less expensive option than replacing the concrete slab or using high-end materials
- There is a wide selection of design options available
- Very easy to clean and maintain
- The look can be personalized to match or complement the existing theme of the property
- An effective method of repairing concrete surface damage
Concrete Resurfacing & Repair Options: Coatings & Overlays
Stamped Concrete Overlay
An overlay is great for covering up minor damage as well as enhancing the look of an existing concrete surface like a pool deck, patio, sidewalk, driveway, and more.
Stamp patterns include brick, cobblestone, and even realistic natural stone patterns, to name a few.
Spray Knockdown Texture
A popular spray-down method for pool decks, this acrylic concrete coating features an interesting texture that is similar to stucco but way more subtle.
It needs to be textured enough to make it slip-resistant but comfortable enough to walk upon especially in bare feet.
This should not be confused with epoxy paint. An epoxy floor coating is purely resin and hardener whereas epoxy paint is plain paint mixed with a bit of epoxy to make it adhere better. An epoxy flooring is highly resistant to intense damage common on garage and basement floors.
Similar to epoxy, this two-part material is also very resistant to damage. In fact, it is designed to withstand everything that goes on in industrial properties, like factories, warehouses, and the like. One standout feature of this coating is its fast-drying capability.
Concrete Refinishing Solutions & Services
If the concrete surface is still in good condition or maybe just suffering from cosmetic issues like stubborn stains and discoloration, it can still be improved with these refinishing options:
- Stained Concrete – Concrete staining is a highly recommended method of coloring concrete because it penetrates deep into the slab, creating a long-lasting color. Acid stains feature random effects and varying tones of one color, thanks to the chemical reaction that occurs between the stain and slab. Water-based are non-reactive, thus, creating solid and consistent colors.
- Concrete Sealing – Sealing a concrete surface is highly necessary to keep it from absorbing dirt, moisture, and other things that could cause deep damage. Aesthetically, a layer of sealer enhances colors and adds a sheen that makes the surface look more luxurious.
Looking for the best Tampa concrete contractors? We’d love to tell you more about decorative concrete services. Call (813) 213-4787 for a free consultation!
Decorative Concrete Tampa is the leading contractor when it comes to improving and enhancing concrete patios, pool decks, concrete driveways, interior floors, commercial flooring, and more. Our highly trained team of installers specialize in resurfacing, refinishing, and repairing concrete surfaces using top-quality overlays and coatings.
Grab the opportunity to have your concrete space assessed. Call today for a free consultation and cost estimate! We are based in the Tampa FL area.