Tampa Concrete driveways can be found all around the area. It may just be a connecting space between the road and the home but it also contributes to a property’s curb appeal. Approaching your home, the first thing that people see is the driveway. As the saying goes “first impressions last”.
If it does not satisfy, then the whole value of your Florida home is compromised. Fortunately, decorative concrete provides refinishing, repair, and concrete resurfacing in Tampa fl for your concrete driveways. You may not have been able to acquire a good first impression but now’s the chance to make a lasting one.
New concrete overlays applied by Tampa concrete companies can help you revamp the look of your home. This can be an important part of adding more value to your home if you plan to sell it in the near future, but it can also be a valuable service for simply making your home more appealing to you and your family.
Concrete Driveways Tampa Options: Stamped, Stained, Knockdown Texture, Sealer
While you might first think of plain, gray concrete driveway construction, that is only the tip of the iceberg here. Many homeowners are under the impression that their only option is the standard gray.
While that is certainly the most common type out there, you have far more options than this. Our Tampa concrete repair and other services can differ according to your Tampa driveway needs. In fact, concrete can be customized in a number of ways to help you attain a unique look and style of your home.
- Stamped Concrete Overlay – Concrete stamped driveway overlays can have patterns that resemble stone, brick, tile, pavers, and more. The shallow grooves of the pattern make the driveway slip-resistant.
- Spray Knockdown Texture – This troweled concrete finish is installed using a hopper gun and then knocked down for a stucco-like effect but with a more subtle texture. It also has the ability to maintain a low temperature which would be great for rubber tires.
- Stained Concrete – Refinishing a concrete driveway Tampa with stains can immediately enhance its look. The stain can also effectively cover up any oil or grease stains, tire marks, and other unpleasant blemishes.
- Concrete Sealing – A sealer is important in protecting any outdoor concrete, including the driveway. It keeps moisture, snow, and dirt on the surface, protecting the concrete slab underneath from deep damage. Otherwise, you may already need a driveway repair Tampa Fl service.
How to Maintain Your Concrete Driveways Tampa
Although concrete can withstand much traffic and pressure better than most of it’s competitors in the flooring industry, it still gets worn down. Here are some simple tips you can do to make them last long and look good as new.
- Clean Regularly. Don’t skip on cleaning your driveways like how you clean your home. Keeping it dust-free is always the best way to make sure they’re looking clean and well-kept. Use a dust mop or soft broom to sweep away those particles.
- Don’t leave heavy vehicles and objects parked on it. Believe it or not, concrete will still reap the consequences of facing heavy loads all the time. Get your vehicles in a garage and keep it load-free especially on the edges.
- Reseal Your Driveway Regularly. Always check for cracks and damage that may be appearing because this may lead to a permeable hole where water and moisture can seep in, causing corrosion in the metal and spalling. When you see obvious lines starting to form, get a stamped concrete contractor near you to get it sealed and coated for that added protection.
- Manage your Plants. If you’re a fan of greens and trees, watch out for their root systems. It may grow its way into your concrete floors and push them up, causing them to crack and break. As much as possible, choose those with a root system that does not grow deep and wide.
- Clean Away Stain. when dealing with spills like oils and grease, these may end up staining and causing discoloration on your valuable driveways. We advise you a high-pressure water hose or soap and water to clean them right away. Avoid using strong chemicals since concrete is very reactive to acids and salts.
Frequently Asked Questions
To seal your surface with a high-performance epoxy or urethane, expect to pay between $0.50 and $2.50 per square foot (not counting labor). The entire process will cost roughly $6 to $8 per square foot if you want it with a concrete coating.
Concrete driveways should also be sealed every four to five years to prevent water infiltration and extend their life. Many individuals feel that concrete driveways do not require upkeep and, as a result, they may never use a sealer. This is a terrific time of year to work on your driveway.
Concrete sealer application is a simple DIY activity that will keep your concrete slabs looking excellent and maybe lasting longer. Professionally applied concrete sealers can last up to three years if they employ high-quality products and processes.
1. Clean the concrete of all oil, grease, stains, grime, and dust.
2. Remove any old sealant from the surface.
3. Use an etching solution to break apart the concrete.
4. Using a roller or sprayer, apply a thin coat of sealant.
5. Allow the first coating of sealer to dry before proceeding.
6. Using your trowel, apply a second coat and let it dry.
Work with an expert concrete contractor in high quality driveway repair, resurfacing, and refinishing in the Tampa Bay area. Call (813) 213-4787 for a free consultation.
As with anything else, not all concrete companies are cut from the same cloth. If you want to ensure that your Tampa driveway resurfacing or new pour goes as smoothly as possible and offers the look and style that you demand, then it pays to work with Decorative Concrete Tampa Florida.
Need a driveway repair in Tampa? Call us stamped concrete driveway contractors for a free consultation and quote for your concrete repair and other services. We offer nothing but expert solutions and great customer service from our years of experience in the industry. Here in the Tampa Bay area, only the best concrete work will do for you, after all!