Are you contemplating having an inground pool installed? If so, you will also need a concrete pool deck resurfacing Tampa. Perhaps you already have one and you are looking for the best decking option. A concrete Tampa pool decking with great pool deck coatings is the best solution for your needs. These offer immense durability, considerable customization, and lots of beauty, as well. You may be wondering how concrete could be the best possible option when it looks plain and boring, right? With decorative concrete pool deck resurfacing, refinishing, and repair solutions, you would be surprised at the possible design options!
Tampa Pool Decking Design: Must-Have Features
Swimming Pool deck designs can be almost anything that you can imagine. They can be simple and elegant, or they can be complex and awe-inspiring. All of this relies on the design and layout of your pool deck coatings so it is important to consider. Here are tips on how to get the most when it comes to its features:
- You will need to make sure that you discuss the look and functionality that you want to achieve with your contractor to ensure that they are able to realize your vision. Working hand in hand with a reputable contractor is the best way to ensure that you achieve your goals.
- The design should focus on usability, with the pool as your focal point. It should be able to provide you with functional space for lounging, walking, and more.
- The deck must be safe and comfortable enough to walk on even with bare feet. It should have a slip-resistant pool deck coating installed so keep your surfaces safe even when wet.
- Of course, you should also be able to add other elements – palm trees, waterfalls, and rock features are all popular with Tampa area homeowners. In addition, you might want to add a gazebo, a small wading pool, or some other feature to your concrete pool decks, as well.
- Be ready for pool deck damage. Certain materials require different treatments. Wooden decks are prone to decay and sagging. Stone may be damage resistant but importing the material can cost hundreds to thousands. Fortunately, concrete can mimic the beauty of wood and have the durability of stone to be resistant to any pool deck damage.
Concrete Options: Resurfacing, Repair & Refinishing
If you have an existing pool deck and it’s beginning to show its age or pool deck damage is evident, there are options that do not include tearing it down and pouring a new one. If you are unsure exactly what you want to incorporate into your concrete pool deck, you may consult a professional concrete contractor in the Tampa Bay area to help you out. To give you a glimpse of the possible ways you can beautify and improve the state of your concrete pool deck.
Pool Deck Resurfacing – Replacing the top layer of a pool deck is a popular option for renewing the deck’s look and improving its function. Popular options include a stamped concrete pool deck overlay, spray knockdown texture coating, and kool deck resurfacing. For your pool deck resurfacing Tampa, call us to get the job started!
Pool Deck Refinishing – Concrete refinishing can help you remake your pool deck into something that offers greater appeal and usability for you and your family without the cost and time required for a new pour. A popular option is stained concrete.
Pool Deck Repair – Cracks, holes, and other surface damage need to repaired immediately to prevent worse damage and safety hazards. Resurfacing and refinishing the deck are popular repair options that also improve aesthetics and function. Looking for a pool deck crack repair service? Our experienced team can help you get your decks looking good as new.
Why You Need A Professional for Your Pools
Homeowners in Tampa, Florida, should hire a professional concrete pool decking company for their pool deck projects to ensure quality results and avoid issues like cracked concrete. These companies can provide estimates, quotes, and solutions to meet your specific needs, including various patterns and finishes using materials like acrylic. A professional contractor can ensure the proper use of materials and techniques, resulting in a durable and long-lasting pool deck.
Frequently Asked Questions
Concrete pool deck repair can be done with resurfacing, usually priced between three to seven dollars. This is still a better option than replacing your concrete. The installation alone without the removal process will cost you seven and a half to 11 dollars per square foot.
The repair process of pool decks depends on the type of damage to be repaired. Here are the most common pool deck problems our clients face.
- Worn-out & Unleveled Surfaces. For pool decks with unleveled surfaces or rough surfaces that aren’t pleasant to the feet, grinding is the best option. Our powerful diamond grinder churns away the surface and makes it smooth in preparation for any overlay or concrete stain.
Take note that grinding alone will cause your decks to be slippery and hot to the feet. We advise you to consider a pool deck application such as knockdown textures or trowel finish.
- Cracks & Holes. Repairing cracks and holes will come after the diamond grind. We use high-grade patching compounds and liquid fillers.
We advise you to get the opinion of a professional since cracks and holes may be a sign of spalling, a problem caused by moisture seeping in.
- Rust, Mildew, & other Stains. Though stains may appear as the least problematic damage to your decks, it stands out like a sore thumb. Luckily, coatings and overlays can be applied to cover these.
This is the last step for a complete pool deck restoration. A coat is placed depending on your color of choice and it is spread out evenly with a trowel or rod. Then, the knockdown texture is sprayed on top and a sealer or rolled on for the final look.
The steps are simple, grind the surface and wash the residue off with a pressure washer. The next step is to fill in the cracks and holes. Lastly, apply the coating, spray a texture on top and seal it off. Drying time should be followed in between each process; about 12 to 24 hours each.
DIY pool deck resurfacing and pool deck repair may seem like a cheaper option but without the experience needed, it will be difficult to get it right from the start. Remodel and resurface your decks faster and better with concrete pool deck contractors on your side.
Here are the most common causes of pool deck cracks:
- Fluctuating Temperature (especially for extremely hot to extremely cold weather patterns)
- Earthquakes and in-ground seismic movements.
- Wear and Tear.
- Exposure to strong chemicals such
- Improper installation of concrete.
Longing for a dreamy pool in the Tampa Bay area? In need of a crack repair? Improve your pool decks now!
Call (813) 213-4787 and let our team of professionals make it happen!
Working with the right decorative concrete contractor Tampa, FL is an essential consideration, regardless of your goals. Decorative Concrete Tampa will work with you, listen to your wants and needs, and resurface, refinish, or repair a deck or any concrete surface you can be proud to own. So, if you need pool resurfacing services, call or email us today! We’ll schedule a free consultation and give you a free quote, too!