The concrete around and within your home plays an important role. It provides a firm foundation for your home, your garage, and your driveway, but it can be much more. Concrete can actually be quite beautiful when you use the right finish and design elements. Concrete flooring is a very popular option in homes. With the right concrete finish, you can make that floor resemble almost anything you might want. You can add decorative embellishments, choose a colored finish, and more. This allows you to customize the interior of your home or your garage to meet your personal sense of style and beauty.
Benefits of Decorative Concrete Floors for Tampa Residential Flooring
Tampa Residential concrete resurfacing can offer you many benefits, such as:
- While you might think that resurfacing is a service only required when the concrete floors Tampa has aged and is beginning to show signs of damage, that is not always the case. It can also be done on newly installed surfaces that are at least a month old.
- How much more would you enjoy your concrete spaces if it had decorative elements that matched the rest of your home? This can be done quite easily with the right concrete finish.
- Concrete refinishing for Tampa residential flooring can offer you a simple, cost-effective way to achieve a long-lasting look for your home. Because the finish is applied to your existing concrete, the time to project completion is far less, as is the cost.
- See cracks and small pits on the surface? A coating or overlay can effectively cover that up. Resurfacing is a type of decorative concrete repair method.
- The most significant benefit here, other than better aesthetics, is the fact that this can all be achieved without the need to rip out your existing concrete and pay for a new pour.
Top Concrete Resurfacing Options for Homeowners
One of the simplest ways to add style and beauty to your Tampa residential flooring from patio areas to pool decks, driveway, or even your garage floor is with decorative concrete elements. You’ll find quite a range of options here, including custom concrete finishes.
- Stamped Concrete Overlay – Patterns and designs are imprinted on an overlay with the use of concrete stamping mats. Stone, brick, and mimicked patterns are hand-stained for a more realistic look. This is great for concrete driveways, patios, and pool decks.
- Spray Knockdown Texture – An acrylic concrete coating is splattered and then knocked down to create a unique texture that is both stunning and slip-resistant.
- Residential Epoxy Flooring – Garage floors could use a coating that is resistant to most types of damage. An epoxy coating is a seamless and highly durable material that can withstand impact, abrasion, tremendous weight, chemical spills, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Tile is much cheaper than concrete especially compared to the one with concrete overlays. However, Stained and stamped concrete can replicate tile designs without the seems and is solid all the way through. This makes it much more long-lasting and durable than tile.
No. Compared to other flooring options, it will only cost you around 3 to 8 dollars per square foot. Of course, with sealing procedures and more layers of polish it will hike up to 12 dollars or more.
Concrete floors with basic design costs between $2 to $6, mid-range designs have a price tag of around $7 to $14, while customized floorings, which are considered high-end designs, are priced between $15 to $30.
Tiles cost $5 per square foot but vary on different occasions. There are instances wherein tiles are cheaper than concrete, but there will be times that both materials will be hovering on the same price tag. The quality of the material should also be considered that affects the price of the two, but in general, tile and concrete cost almost the same.
Compared to other flooring materials, polished concrete flooring is less expensive as it ranges between $3 to $8 per square foot.
Experts state that concrete floors are responsible for bunions, ingrown toenails, shin splints, lumbar strain, and Achilles tendonitis. Other illnesses include lower back pain, stress fractures, knee pain, and worsening arthritis symptoms.
Standing or walking on concrete floors does have a bad effect on your health. It can cause sore feet, swollen legs, varicose veins, and back pain when someone spends too much time standing or walking on concrete flooring. The best choice is to change the flooring to a softer surface such as carpet or cork.
The reason why kitchens use a concrete flooring system is due to it being virtually indestructible and easy to clean after a meal. Concrete flooring also won’t be damaged with any amount of water.
Yes. Concrete floors are priced between $2 and $15 per square foot. On the other hand, wood or hardwood flooring costs at around $12 and $20 per square foot.
The prices for concrete floors are very low, ranging from around $2 to $6 per square foot to polish a plain gray slab. As for more complex finishes, it costs around $5 to $8 per square foot.
Upgrade your property now! Let us help you acquire the house of your dreams. Work with one of the best and leading concrete contractors in the Tampa bay area and all around Tampa Florida!
Call us at (813) 213-4787 to know the right residential concrete services and options and receive a free, no-obligation quote.
A home is a place where we feel comfortable, where we seek refuge, and where we always feel safe. Making it look like a heavenly space is what we are committed to doing. Decorative Concrete Tampa is a local contractor that specializes in resurfacing concrete surfaces, both indoors and out. We service both residential and commercial locations in the Tampa, FL area.
You deserve a home that looks good and makes you feel good. Call us today and let’s talk about your pool deck, patio, or concrete driveway designs Tampa FL options. We offer a free consultation and quote at a time most convenient for you.